Monday, September 15, 2014

humor

Mind Maps and Humorous Products

Here's a few of my favorite funny products that I found around the inter-webs...
 

_______________________________________________

Part One. Do something playful.
 
Playful things I like to do:
  • Play with my two kitty cats (they get pretty crazy and hilarious with a feather toy I have)
  • Watch/listen to stand up comedy (Garfunkel and Oates, Bo Burnham, Louis CK, Jenny Slate, and Amy Schumer are a few of my favorites)
  • Play Wii games with my roommate (we really get into Wii tennis, it gets pretty intense)
  • Play games outside (tag, hide and seek, and any other games that you would have played when you were five)
  • Watch a funny TV show (Portlandia, SNL, Broad City, and many more)
  • Doodle funny pictures (I'm always good at entertaining myself by drawing the most random things I can think of)

I decided to play with my cats...


______________________________________________

Part Two. Create a fun, colorful, engaging mind map related to college life.


Top 3 Sub-themes:
  1. Stress and Anxiety Management
  2. Sexual Health
  3. Compact Organization
 _____________________________________________

Part Three. Ten silly ideas for products related to college life.


______________________________________________
 
 Part Four. Take the Myers Briggs test online.



2 comments:

  1. I LIKE the artwork you created for your ten ideas, it's quite professional-looking while still remaining light and playful (and colorful! A lot of our fellow students just did black-and-white drawings). I did smirk when reading about the pocket puppy, very funny! And the homework delivery service...I would buy in to that!

    I WISH I could see your drawings in bigger detail, though Barry did discuss how we will need to crop and format pictures going forward, so I'm sure this will be better next week (I have some things I need to change too).

    WHAT IF the Caffeine- Infused Textbook used an emulsifier too? That might make the absorption through the skin a little more potent. I'm very interested by this idea - my sub-topic is All-Nighters, and Caffeine absorption has been on my mind a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LIKE the obvious thought you put into your mind map as well as the colorful illustrations below. Way to keep them fun and silly!

    I WISH you hadn't put those pictures of fun products at the beginning. Part of being creative and silly is simply throwing out ideas no matter how absurd they sound! Posting those images in my mind created an element of bias that I think it could have done without.

    WHAT IF the floating jet propelled shower shoes turned into the new way people got around campus?!?

    ReplyDelete